10 Steps to a Successful Day of Wedding Gown Shopping!
- Put On A Happy Face– Start with a great morning routine. Be excited! Surround yourself with positive energy. Make a playlist of your possible wedding songs and see if the store has a system that can play them. Wear something that makes you feel beautiful. Bring supportive people.
- A Pretty Tote– Pack a special tote with your undergarments including a strapless bra, shape wear, ponytail holder, bobby pins, clear deodorant. Don’t spray tan or wear extremely heavy makeup.
- Know Your Budget– Do your research on bridal dress prices and designers. Make sure that you have spoken to those who will be paying for your dress. Keep in mind you will want to accessorize your dress as well. It is a great practice to select your dress budget first before you make commitments to a venue, food, etc. It will allow you to have a workable budget. Talk about payment practices for the boutique when you make your appointment.
- Time is of the Essence– Ask the receptionist what you should expect for your appointment and be prepared. Focus on your positive features. Brides vary on whether they want their back, bust, buttocks or curves to be highlighted. The consultant can give their advice on the gowns and the look you are wanting to achieve.
- Accents you love– Bridal designers spend their lives selecting fabrics, beads, lace. They design fabulous dresses with these elements . Know if you love vintage, classic, or modern. Do you like a solid piece of lace or a lot of bling. Bring pictures, pins, or special pieces that you are incorporating into your day. If you already have a pinterest page then share it with the boutique before you arrive.
- Be Adventurous– Think fashion forward and be open to the consultant pulling a fabulous new dress that you may have never thought of before. As a matter of fact- ask her to pull a dress that she thinks will look good on you even if it is different from you suggested.
- Expect the Unexpected– A large percentage of brides end up choosing a dress or style that they may have never envisioned. Remember that you have never had access to the designs, fabrics, and cuts that are associated with bridal design. They are very different than prom, special occasion, and pageant.
- Less is More– Allow the consultant to select a few dresses for you to try on rather than so many that you can’t remember what you tried on and how you felt in each one. Spend time in the dress you like in the dressing room before you go out to show your family. Know what you like about the dress or don’t like. If you have a don’t like list that can not be changed at the manufacturer then move on to the next dress. The dress of your dream may be right in front of you.
- Stay true to who you are and the bride you want to be– Some people have a wonderful rush when they make their decision and some people don’t. Some people are emotional and some are analytical. You know where you will fall in this. If you have a hard time making decisions then allow the consultant and your family to help you but remember it is your wedding dress.
- Have your storybook ending– Celebrate the day of fun you have had! Go for a quick dessert or coffee to review your notes.
Joining us for the Bridal Sale?
ABC’S OF BRIDAL SALE
ARRIVE EARLY AND REMAIN PATIENT
BE PREPARED TO BUY YOUR GOWN- NO GOWNS WILL BE HELD.
COME WITH ALL YOUR SHAPE WEAR- YOU WANT THE GOWN TO LOOK GREAT!
DEFINITELY DO YOUR HOMEWORK- KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT – CALL THE STORE AND ASK QUESTIONS
EVERYONE MAY WANT TO COME BUT MORE THAN 2 WILL HAVE TO WAIT OUTSIDE FOR YOUR REVEAL WHEN YOU FIND YOUR GOWN. REMEMBER- SPACE IS LIMITED FOR WALKI-NS
FEEL FREE TO ASK FOR HELP IN SELECTING YOUR GOWNS. SEND US YOUR PINS! WE WILL TAG SOME GOWNS FOR YOU.
GUARANTEED YOU WILL BE AMAZED WITH THE DESIGNER ORIGINALS ON SALE. OVER 200 WEDDING GOWNS- CURRENT STYLES!
HAVE YOU TOLD YOUR MOM,BRIDESMAIDS,AND FRIENDS WITH LITTLE GIRLS THAT THEIR DRESSES ARE ALL MARKED DOWN.
INCLUDE A FEW DOLLARS IN YOUR WALLET TO CONTRIBUTE TO BLAIR E. BATSON IF YOU WANT.
JUMP FOR JOY WHEN YOU BECOME A FOREVER LACE BRIDE!